Let this be a lesson to all of you so you never make this very stupid mistake... I'm in the car waiting to pull out of the doctors office and an SUV in front of me started backing up (I have no idea why) but right into me. Instead of being quick to reverse or at least honk I am frozen and in slow motion see her hitch smashing my headlight and cracking my hood. (note I just had a stressful drs apointment and Beth was way super hungry and crying in the back seat) I get out of the car and the lady says "I'm so sorry. Here is name and number- I am from colorado and this is a rental car so I don't have my insurance card but call me once you find out how much the damage is." So me with my baby still crying and people piling up behind us said ok and watched her drive off. GRRRRRR- BAD IDEA.
Of course when I called that evening after getting an estimate the number is bad (has been disconnected) and her name sounds very made up. There is no number for it in the on-line phone books. Sad that people are so dishonest these days. So let this be a lesson for all to at least take down the license plate number if that ever happens to you. Now I need to stop kicking myself over it because there is nothing I can do (I lost sleep over trying to think of everything which is unfortunate since it was the best night Beth had ever had!) But I am going to try to be a little more "there" mentally. I'm afraid having a baby fried my brain- lets just hope it's not permanent damage.
Here's a bonus picture since Beth makes EVERYTHING all better! I love her so much!!
.jpg)
6 comments:
Your little Beth is so precious! Being a new mom is overwhelming and affects you more mentally than you think. It will come back to you...I think sleep has lots to do with it! But I am sorry about your car...crazy people out there.
I get so mad about stuff like that. I just have to keep reminding myself to keep an eternal perspective and a lot of this junk won't matter in the long run (although it is very annoying right now).
And maybe some people's mind come back to them eventually, but I think I have lost mine for good. I can't remember anything since I've had kids. I have to write it down or it just slips away. :)
That is not cool that that lady did that. That is it, lets hunt her down!
This sounds so terrible!! but Yes the picture of Beth made everything better. She is a piece of heaven!!! Wow. I can't believe you have a little one... I need to get back in synch. One month till we meet her!
Oh Renee,
I am so sorry that happened to you of all people. You have to be the sweetest girl ever! If it's any consolation, I hit a deer a few years ago up on 1300 east, and she didn't have insurance! Damages were $1300. She died for her mistake, unfortunately. We will not wish that on this unthoughtful person who rammed into you. Seriously though, I'm really sorry that you were taken advantage of. Your clar thinking will return to you...in the meantime, do not be too hard on yourself.
that is so lame renee! i'm sorry that it happened. don't blame yourself. try to move on. things happen. at least you and beth are OK.
Post a Comment