Ben and I are having a hard time with Beth in the NICU. We want to be with her 24/7- we want to hold her and love her but we can only hold her for 30 mins since she has to be under the bili lights and she is always being poked and prodded by nurses and doctors. I understand why they have to do it but it doesn't make it any better. I feel bad for Ben because he has to continue on with school and work when all he wants is to be at IMC and I get so darn tired and sore that I feel guilty leaving but I know I need to go home and rest. She is doing ok - gaining weight she is now 5lbs 8 oz, she is just on a tiny bit of oxygen, she has to be on antibiotics till Tuesday so she has gone through 4 IVs that went bad before they put in a PICC line that will last till Tuesday. She is a really hard stick they say so each time they have to go at her it takes like 4-6 trys. They are feeding her through a nasogastric tube but still letting me try to breastfeed once in a while. All in all she is getting better but we can't wait for her to come home. She is a beautiful baby and very well natured- the only time she cries is when they poke her. Poor kid! I am officially discharged from Alta View- they treated us well- this was the dinner we got the night before we left! mnn. I am recovering well- it still hurts but I am able to walk and do things today for the first time in 4 days!
She is such a little doll!! I can empathize with you, sweet mommy! I too, had a little preemie son 5 1/2 weeks early. He was just on another floor of the hospital, in the NICU, but I remember how hard it was for me. I have had 4 C-sections and know how bad you feel. It will get better every day though, and you will be able to care for Beth when she gets home. I'm sure it is really difficult to be running back and forth to the hospital. Hang in there, it will get better. You are in my prayers.
I hope you don't mind my blog stalking, but Dave is your cousin and we have been thinking about you! It's emotional enough to have a baby, but to not get to bring it home makes for a difficult time, I am sure. She is beautiful and I am glad that you are doing okay. We will keep up the prayers! I would love your email so I can send you an invite to our blog, jrupp45@gmail.com
She is beautiful Renee! I am sorry that she made her debut early and has to be in the NICU though. Have you met Janet Ellsworth by any chance. She is a night shift nurse at IMC's NICU, she was my preceptor for my capstone semester. She is incredible. Actually, I really liked everyone who works there, it is a really good NICU. Good luck, I hope she gets strong quickly and can come home to you.
11 comments:
Best of luck!! And I agree she is beautiful!!!
She is such a little doll!! I can empathize with you, sweet mommy! I too, had a little preemie son
5 1/2 weeks early. He was just on another floor of the hospital, in the NICU, but I remember how hard it was for me. I have had 4 C-sections and know how bad you feel. It will get better every day though, and you will be able to care for Beth when she gets home. I'm sure it is really difficult to be running back and forth to the hospital. Hang in there, it will get better. You are in my prayers.
You make a beautiful little mommy! Hang in there. :)
I hope you don't mind my blog stalking, but Dave is your cousin and we have been thinking about you!
It's emotional enough to have a baby, but to not get to bring it home makes for a difficult time, I am sure. She is beautiful and I am glad that you are doing okay. We will keep up the prayers!
I would love your email so I can send you an invite to our blog, jrupp45@gmail.com
so it looks like i better deliver at alta view when I get there. That food looks great!
She is beautiful Renee! I am sorry that she made her debut early and has to be in the NICU though. Have you met Janet Ellsworth by any chance. She is a night shift nurse at IMC's NICU, she was my preceptor for my capstone semester. She is incredible. Actually, I really liked everyone who works there, it is a really good NICU. Good luck, I hope she gets strong quickly and can come home to you.
Hi Renee! Congratulations on the arrival of beautiful little Beth. What a stressful first week you've all had. Hang in there!
Remember you can call me if you need anything Renee. =) I hope you heal fast and little Beth recovers quickly.
Thanks for the updates and pictures of Beth! (I would've taken a photo of that dinner too! mmm)
Oh, she is adorable! Keep blogging! Get well soon and bring Beth home!
We are so happy that she is doing well and we can't wait to see her. Hope you feel better soon and she gets to come home soon too!!
Post a Comment