Life is much better now that we are together as a family at home! Beth came home on Wednesday with oxygen and monitors but we are so excited we could just scream out to the world that we have our beautiful baby home! The 8 days in the NICU were rough- I wanted to breastfeed Beth which required me living there for the last 3 days of her stay but it was well worth it. I got lots of tips and lessons from the nurses and lactation specialists so I feel like we are both doing really well with breastfeeding. (we'll see at the next weigh-in!)
Ben gave her the tour of the house!
I know I'm hormonal and emotional but Ben and I have been blown away by all the support from family and friends. So many well wishes, phone calls, visits, and great meals! I feel like Heavenly Father has blessed us with so many angels- Beth included but also all of our family and ward who have helped us a ton. My mom has done so much too- especially when I expressed concern at not having any premee outfits for Beth- she had no problems helping out with that problem! (she came back with like 15 different outfits!) So thank you all for checking up on us through this. I just hope she can continue to heal at home now. I sure do LOVE being a mom. I have never felt so much love in my life. Parenthood is great!
9 comments:
Bless your hearts...all of you. I'm so happy that you have your little dolly at home now. I hope that you are feeling stronger every day. You are such a beautiful little family. Little Beth is gorgeous! I hope it will not be long until she is free of all of her hook-ups. You are constantly in my prayers. Love you! Karren
YAH!!! I'm so glad you got to take her home. She is so tiny! I am so excited for you guys. :)
I feel kind of sad that I am the only sister that gets to be here, so maybe we can talk everyone else into moving here so we can all see you and beth!
This is so sweet!!! The picture are oozing with love for Beth from you and Ben- I love to see you as parents! talk to you soon!!!!!
oh she is so tiny. i'm glad that you are feeling well supported. you have good family and friends, and such a cute husband to give Beth a tour of the house and sing to her :)
WE love seeing Beth home too!!! Yeah and yeah for that!!! She is a slice of heaven. So adorable.
We are so glad that you are ALL home!! It had to have been so difficult to not have her with you!
She's adorable and soooo little! Seeing all the Oxygen tubes sure brings back memories of our 3 that were on it! Hopefully you won't need it as long as ours did! It sure can be a pain to lug around! Glad she's doing well otherwise. Congrats!
Ah man you two are the sweetest parents in the world! I love the picture of Renee holding Beth so precious.
Post a Comment