Saturday, February 18, 2012

My wannabe vegan diet

I guess I'll post this since it's been a pretty big deal for me in the last 3 months. I eat fruits and veggies like crazy. I eat about a serving of meat a week (at the most). I eat very little dairy. I eat lots of beans and nuts. And I even started exercising. And the results are that I've lost 30 lbs! Wahoo!


Typical breakfasts:
smoothies (always with either spinach, kale, beet or pumpkin) no sugar just lots of fruit and some non dairy milk

Oatmeal with so much fruit it doesn't need sugar

Toast loaded with no sugar applesauce

Lunch:
Black bean burgers or wraps with so many veggies it's overflowing :)

Dinner:
Salads and soups and veggies prepared in about every way possible!

We started getting bountiful baskets (whole foods co-op) every Saturday and it's a huge help- lots of different fruits and veggies that provide variation for cheap! And motivation to eat all of it in only 1 week before we get more!

Any whole foods vegan recipes or ideas are welcomed!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

way awesome. congratulations renee! so cool! would love your hummus receipe :)

Jenny Allen said...

30 pounds is amazing. You are incredible. I want to eat all your food. But am too lazy to make it all. Solution...move into my house. :)