Jenny came to town and we had a blast playing with them... we went to Cabellas, the Mayan, the church history museum (so fun for kids!), the MOA at BYU to see Carl Bloch (amazing), played lots of games and ate lots of yummy food (thanks mom!). The sad thing is that we can't find our camera so the only two pictures I have from the week of fun are from my phone... tear. We are working on choosing a new camera...
I really like free things... a lot... so I check KSL classified (free section) probably a little too often on my phone but we get cool stuff from it- like a piano! So here's what it looked like when the brothers in law/cousins helped us get it in our house.... (the pictures don't show the gross bumpy black texture all over it)
But we sanded it for a couple days, stained it a walnut color, got it tuned and a couple things fixed inside and now we have a fairly good looking piano!

We are loving having a piano in our home- it's a huge blessing. I have been practicing everyday and beth loves it! We hope to have it while our kids are growing up to learn how to play. It's a Wurlitzer made in the 1920's! It used to be a player piano but all those parts have been taken out. It holds it's tune well so far and it sound pretty good- just not perfect obviously! And the best part it that it cost $30 for pizza and gas for the movers, $30 for sandpaper and stain, and $110 for the tuner/fixer so we have a piano for $170! yipee!
We are loving having a piano in our home- it's a huge blessing. I have been practicing everyday and beth loves it! We hope to have it while our kids are growing up to learn how to play. It's a Wurlitzer made in the 1920's! It used to be a player piano but all those parts have been taken out. It holds it's tune well so far and it sound pretty good- just not perfect obviously! And the best part it that it cost $30 for pizza and gas for the movers, $30 for sandpaper and stain, and $110 for the tuner/fixer so we have a piano for $170! yipee!
4 comments:
I'd have to agree that is a great deal. It looks a lot nicer now that you worked so hard fixing it up.
That is so exciting! We need to get together!
amazing. you are so good to make it look so nice and practice on it. good work!!!
Thats awesome Renee! I now miss or free piano that we gave away when we moved:(
Post a Comment